Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., is dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communications industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game in order to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communications, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communications. When you are willing to take risks and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities to travel the world to attend medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communications. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
The Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions will assist in driving MJH's growth through acquisition and/or mergers that fit the company's strategic initiatives. Working collaboratively with senior leadership and assist in the acquisition process, including target identification, analysis, pricing recommendations, due diligence, negotiation, integration and post-acquisition evaluation.
** The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
• Build a solid acquisition target pipeline of companies in publishing, live events, advertising and digital agencies, education that meet critical skills needed for the future expansion of MJH Associates
• Identify and assess strategic fit of target companies vs. company and business unit strategies
• Projection of the effect of acquisition/merger on current and future departments
• Present findings to executive team with validation scenarios
• Forecast and due diligence on the financial impact of the potential acquisition i.e., revenue and expenses, etc.
• Build, manage and execute the merger integration plan and process effectively
• Maintain Database of M&A targets; maintain and implement best practice processes for all aspects of the M&A process.
• Identifying and leveraging “Lessons learned” on previously completed transactions.
• Analyzing post-acquisition financial performance “look backs.”
• Strong accounting & finance, communication, leadership and analytical skills are essential
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be capable and comfortable working in a deadline driven setting
• Proven project management, organizational and communication skills, as well as, a sense of urgency and personal drive to effectively and efficiently execute on transactions
• Ability to handle multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
• Prior due diligence experience required, particularly financial due diligence
• Comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies
• Strong general business acumen
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• CPA is required
• MBA, with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Business/Management, is desired
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.