Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., provides healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communications industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communications, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communications. When you are willing to take risks, and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities for travel to medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communications. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
We are currently seeking a Copy Editor/Proof Reader to join our team. The ideal candidate is a dedicated, hard-working team player who thrives in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, and can execute with excellence. This position will ensure all print and digital media meet the highest standards of accuracy and quality — through fact-checking and adherence to style guidelines.
** The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
• Copy edit and proofread electronic and print projects, including digital and hardcopy documents, video transcripts, webpages, social platforms and creative collateral to ensure accuracy.
• Proofread and correct electronic files, page proofs and final artworks to ensure all materials are error-free — including grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and tone.
• Identify inconsistencies and offer creative suggestions to fix awkward or unclear language in body copy and improve headlines/display type.
• Check and apply proofing and design changes to documents and layouts and review updated assets to ensure that edits have been implemented and no new errors have been introduced.
• Maintain strict adherence to deadlines.
• Ensure all corporate, product branding, legal and Pharmaceutical Promotion Compliance guidelines are explicitly followed.
• Display tact, diplomacy and the ability to protect confidential information.
• At least 4 years of editing/fact-checking experience — preferably in medical/scientific publishing
• Familiarity with major style guides required including AMA Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook
• A superior command of written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat and InCopy, and in print and online content management systems
• Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to adapt, prioritize and multitask to meet tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.