Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., is dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communications industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game in order to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communications, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communications. When you are willing to take risks and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities to travel the world to attend medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communications. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
As we expand, we are looking for a CME Business Development Manager for our Physicians’ Education Resource (PER) division, the educational resource of choice for live and online activities focusing on oncology and hematology. Based on identified needs and practice gaps, PER® provides high-quality, evidence-based activities featuring leading national and international faculty with a focus on practice-changing advances and standards of care in treatment and disease management. Activities may also include topics on emerging strategies currently under investigation, supportive care, diagnosis and staging, prevention, screening and early detection, and practice management.
Our ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and work to develop and execute a strategy to obtain grant revenues for accredited medical education portfolio, to raise the profile of medical education offering among supporters and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and to coordinate the conceptual development, scientific programming, and planning of the programs ensuring timely and profitable execution.
** The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
• Proactively identify, develop, and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will result in profitable growth for the company
• Critically assess the approach and contribution to the overall company portfolio
• Manage and expand the exposure in the marketplace, as well as manage relationships with supporters and Key Opinion Leaders
• Regularly analyze the therapy areas and business environment to keep current on competitors and/or products, plans, direction, as well as monitor market trends, problems, and opportunities
• Develop and update revenue forecasts/targets
• Develop and implement business development strategy to support revenue goals within assigned accounts
• Identify potential areas for the development of new programs
• Assist with identification of potential supporters, based on topics, product development and marketing information
• Develop and submit grant requests and budgets
• Develop relationships with grantors and KOLs to foster future program development opportunities
• Sales leadership is required
• Ability to build and execute on account plans
• Forecast and communicate business goals month to month
• Ability to manage multiple client companies, contacts, projects, priorities and timelines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Passion to seek out, or create new business opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 – 5 years of sales or marketing experience
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.