Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., provides healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communications industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communications, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communications. When you are willing to take risks, and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities for travel to medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communications. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
The Medical Director, CME thrives in a highly collaborative and rapidly changing environment, is exceptionally great at multi-tasking, and is impeccably organized and skilled in detail management. As a Medical Director, your leadership responsibilities will include content development of CME/CE activities; work with freelancers, authors and faculty on development of scientific content; integration of comments and changes; timely and optimal execution of CME/CE activities; and gathering necessary medical and scientific information for the development of grant needs assessments. You will have an active role in strategic medical education planning and serve as scientific expert or content validation.
** The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
· Develop and manage all scientific content related to CME/CE activities that fall under his/her responsibility
· Supervise the work of freelance medical writers ensuring that work is of acceptable quality, meets strategic needs to close educational gaps, and generated on time and budget
· Use in-depth therapeutic knowledge to write content where necessary and components for grants/proposals such as needs assessments
· Develop educational strategies and work with key opinion leaders on creating innovative meetings, online education, and other activities
· Drive educational design and content development for SME/CE activities (including non-CME/CE adjunct educational materials) in diverse formats including print publications, meetings, webinars, symposia, patient cases, etc.
· Work with business development, project manager(s) and other company staff to ensure that grantor/client is satisfied with the quality of the product
· Depending on job level may have staff/budget management responsibility
CME/CE Activity Development
· Identify areas of interest for the development of CME/CE activities, select themes and topics.
· Analyze relevant medical literature and identify faculty and writers.
· Develop and discuss activities with faculty, planning committee members, conveners etc to include conducting/participating in planning meetings/call.
· Contact and communicate with faculty about their roles and responsibilities within each CE activity.
· Attend live meetings to serve as on-site scientific contact providing faculty oversight including slide review and editing as required.
· As necessary, assist faculty with development of introductions, abstracts, slides, interactive questions/case studies, educational outcomes measurement questions, etc.
· Conduct reviews of CME/CE materials and ensure fairness, balance and objectivity in all presentations.
Writing and Reporting
· Review where necessary summaries and abstracts of presentations.
· Review evaluation reports and highlights of CME/CE activities or individual presentations when required.
· Assist in development of comprehensive grant /proposal documents, including needs assessments and practice gap analyses, as well as educational outcomes measurement reports in a timely fashion.
· Assist with identification of potential grantors, based on topics, product development and market information.
· Communicate all potential educational needs and relevant CME/CE industry information to staff.
· Meet print deadlines, proofread printed material specifically for scientific/medical content validations.
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.