Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc., is dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. If you are someone who would like to be a part of an entrepreneurial, growing company, then you’ve come to the right place! Here at MJH we focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity, in a rather fast paced environment. The healthcare communication industry is constantly changing, which means we need to be ahead of the game in order to create new ways of improving quality of life through healthcare communication, live events, and medical education. Our new state-of-the-art building located in Cranbury, NJ enables our employees to be collaborative when coming up with new ideas to keep MJH the industry leader in healthcare communication. When you are willing to take risks, and strive to be experts in your field, the opportunities here are endless.
We offer our employees countless opportunities to travel the world to attend medical meetings and conferences, training programs for continuous learning and growth, and the ability to make a difference through our work as individuals and as a team in the world of healthcare communication. We strive to create a culture which encompasses a combination of dedication and hard work but also fun! Throughout the year, we have special events such as our employee recognition breakfast & awards ceremony, holiday themed gatherings, a company picnic and much more!
** The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
MJH Communications is looking for a passionate and driven Creative Director to lead and (continue to) build our medical education's creative team and culture. Our team has an established reputation for offering timely, relevant, and practical information that meets the needs of our diverse audience. Do you enjoy being a positive force, facing a challenge head on and embracing new ideas? The ideal candidate will be passionate, persistent and prolific when it comes to ideas; you encourage and embrace new concepts and designs as well as approaches to the medical communication space. Comfortability leading a team on any creative task – big or small – regardless of client, vertical or medical is a must.
• Embrace medical communication as a creative discipline; passionate about telling the story of the science in new, compelling and creative ways
• Effective at ideating creative expression in medical communication space; comfortable pushing the envelope within compliance guardrails
• Share the vision of establishing MJH Communications as THE agency of choice for the best creative shop in the medical communication space
• Can adapt advertising best practices and high quality creative to medical communication space; envision those possibilities and introduce them to the teams for client expansion and execution
• Help drive creative within the culture of the medical communication space
• Accountable as the creative strategic lead on multiple brands/ projects, setting the creative standard for medical communication, from the crafting and approval of creative briefs through to final execution
• Oversee and review all creative, ensuring the highest quality of execution on each deliverable leaving the agency
• Lead or supervise all major conceptual asks, for both organic and new projects
• Leverage high level of knowledge regarding industry trends
• Sought by team members and peers as a source for ideas
• Troubleshoot complex creative
• Spearhead creative portion of client presentations and consistently over deliver with polish and confidence while inspiring clients about what’s possible for their brand
• Help clients understand and internalize criteria by which creative product should be evaluated and measured against the creative brief
• Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and client inspiration
• Provide on-going mentorship to the creative team and beyond, help champion creative at the most junior levels of the agency with an aim towards developing future talent
• Develop or oversee the annual development plans for the creative staff
• Champion and build the agency's creative reputation internally and externally, helping to facilitate award winning work.
• 8+ years of (creative) agency experience
• 5+ years of leadership and managerial experience (with direct reports)
• Proven track record of innovation (in digital or elsewhere) in medical communication
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to sell ideas; comfortable and strong in front of clients
• Ability to manage multiple demands at once, with finesse and ease
• Must have Medical Education/Medical Communication agency experience
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.