The Scientific Director position requires the ability to think strategically and work across multiple franchises to develop, edit, and review clinical content for video production and live meetings. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who can work in a fast-paced and creative environment to develop thought-provoking discussion guides and interview questions for key opinion leader panel discussions, individual interviews, and slide presentations. Additional requirements include the ability to work closely with scientific leads and key opinion leaders in medicine.
The candidate should be able to work collaboratively with other team members. This role may require up to 20% travel. The Scientific Director is primarily responsible for developing scientifically-oriented content suitable for video and scientific meetings.
• Develop in-depth understanding of disease states
• Deliver original content that aligns with strategic imperatives
• Review clinical content with expert physicians and incorporate feedback to meet program objectives
• Ensure scientific and clinical accuracy of content and relevance to target audiences
• Ensure accuracy with respect to formatting, reference and fact checking, and style
• Develop questions and interview key opinion leaders on a wide range of topics spanning multiple disease states and audiences
• Manage timelines appropriately while working on multiple projects
• 5+ years pharmaceutical/medical education writing/editing experience
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical clinical development and marketing across several disease states, including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders, respiratory diseases, and infectious diseases. Oncology experience, a plus
• Ability to interface with clients and key opinion leaders to gain insight
• Attention to detail and exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and to work well under pressure
• Proficient in basic grammar and spelling
• Knowledge of best practices in AMA (10th edition) style
• Good working knowledge of technology and software, including Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar software
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.