The Public Relations Specialist will report directly to the MJH Associates PR Manager and will work in collaboration to respond to assigned media requests, write and distribute press releases, assist with research and pitching efforts, monitor media coverage and handle press clippings.
The PR Coordinator will have at least 3 years of experience.
· Build relationships and meet with business unit heads regularly
· Support new business development efforts
· Develop strategic PR plans
· Participate in client calls
· Become the go-to person for all PR requests
· Take over internal newscast, the writing, casting, directing, etc
· Pitch all Heroes events and other award events to the media
· Conduct extensive outreach to local media for extra press placements
· Filter all PR requests
· Oversee the pr metrics and find trends to strategize ways to maximum pr coverage
· Work closely with HR to create internal corporate communications as required.
· Draft and develop press releases, media pitches and other press material
· Upload press releases to BusinessWire through appropriate feeds
· Handle the corporate LinkedIn account
· Bachelor's degree required
· At least 3 years of public relations work
· Must have strong PR writing skills
· Solid understanding of social media