Director of Oncology Professional Relations
This is a corporate position responsible for developing strong faculty relationships to convert them to advocates or ambassadors of the MJH oncology business units. This executive is expected to maintain a high level of field activity at oncology conferences, cancer centers of KOL’s, and in social venues to develop advocates of the MJH oncology franchises including OncLive, PER, Targeted Therapies, Giants of Cancer Care, and CURE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Protocol: The following protocol is expected to be followed in the prospecting and development of ambassadors
· Meet ambassador prospects at an OncLive Peer Exchange, PER meeting or other opportunity that initiates process.
· Visit prospect at their cancer center to present MJH corporate portfolio, offer additional opportunity to be part of another oncology program such as Giants or PER meeting, and enlist their assistance in speaking up on our behalf with their colleagues and pharma contacts. Provide talking points if needed.
· Call to action through follow-up phone call, email and visit at next venue.
· Manage program through grid system of touches (phone calls and visits), PubMed mentions, youtube appearances, number of MJH program participations. Develop and monitor report that demonstrates revenue generated by ambassador intervention and related expenses to the process per physician ambassador.
· Ensure transition of ambassador relationships originally developed by Vice-Chair (Jack Lepping) or Executive VP (Donna Short).
· Initiate and ensure social activities with ambassadors such as dinner meetings, ballgames, and other opportunities that allow for deepening relationships.
2. Target list
· Executive will be provided a current ambassador list to work with, and to build on with new physician oncology KOL’s to work with that are not currently ambassadors. New physician targets are to be coordinated with priority targets developed through discussion with the following key colleagues in the OncLive and PER business units:
o Mike Hennessy, Jr., President, MJH
o Phil Talamo, President, PER
o David Lepping, Vice-President, Integrated Oncology Special Projects
o Erik Lohrmann, Vice-President, Targeted Therapies
o Bob Goldsmith, Vice-President, OncLive
o Kirby Beneville, Director, Business Development, PER
o Nick Santoro, Manager, Strategic Alliance Partnerships
o Silas Inman, Director, Oncology Editorial
· Expectation is to convert 75 new physician KOL prospects to ambassador status in 2017
· Expectation is to transition and manage 100 ambassadors previously developed and strengthen ambassador relationship with them in 2017 by contributing to discussions and meetings that allow for ambassadors to intervene on behalf of our products and initiatives.
· Assume the lead in selective scenarios authorized by the EVP and/or Vice-Chair to handle existing ambassadors with tasks as needed.
3. Support Sales and Business Development Executives:
· Probe to find specific KOL/Ambassador challenges with sales executives or program development executives and intervene to create successful outcome. Gain feedback from Ambassadors on specific programs they have participated in to improve our product offerings and report back to key executives where applicable.
· Discover KOL/Ambassador identified educational gaps. Work to understand how resources at MJH could be utilized to address educational gaps in cohort with KOL/Ambassador continued engagement.
4. Product expertise:
· Executive is expected to learn all MJH Oncology franchise product line attributes and develop internal relationships with sales, business development, editorial, and other key personnel of the units.
5. Develop new business concepts:
· From ambassador interactions develop new business opportunities to the MJH oncology franchises through frequent communication with the key executives of each business unit. These efforts should result in a trickle-down effect that permeates the organization.
· Use pharma network to assist business development teams with competitive intelligence, drug development knowledge, and sales where applicable.
6. Giants of Cancer Care:
· As a member of the Giants of Cancer Care internal committee, contribute ideas and assist in managing/communicating to participating ambassadors who are on executive and selection committees.
7. Ambassador Boards and Chairs
· Working with the EVP, ensure successful development and execution of MJH oncology franchise physician Boards and Chairs including Giants of Cancer Care, PER Executive Board, OncLive, CURE, and Targeted Therapy advisory boards, Institute for Value-Based Oncology Board, and the Institute for Biosimilar Development
8. Strategic Alliance Partnerships (SAP)
· Work closely with OncLive SAP personnel to blend ambassador relationships with SAP goals and objectives. This is essential in OncLive Educational Symposium program and the CURE advertising program.
· Expectations include maintaining a high-level field presence at cancer centers, attend all relevant internal business meetings remotely and provide necessary reporting as required.
9. Field work and MJH Office Visibility:
· Achieve 7-10 meetings/month at cancer center offices and non-PER conferences of prospects including but not limited to:
o ASCO CHICAGO, GI, GU
· Attend all PER conferences and actively participate in physician/ambassador discussions. This includes sitting in all sessions in front row visible position as well as social functions. Besides ensuring our ambassadors are receiving first class service and building personal relationships with them, the Director is expected to support the PER President and OncLive key executives.
· Attend relevant managed market oncology conferences hosted by MJH – American Journal of Managed Care franchise including PCOC, and CURE events that include MPN Heroes and GBM Heroes award receptions, working ambassadors and prospects.
· Visit NJ offices one week (5 days) per month for first three months of 2017 employment; begin two weeks per quarter starting month four – assuming field visitations will occupy more travel time. Manage NJ trips effectively by securing NJ and PA meetings with ambassadors while on NJ trip.
· Attend and participate in all sales and business development meetings, and corporate executive meeting upon request (Executive is expected to be on TV camera when not able to attend in person).
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.