The IT Database Manager will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will governance and management of internal databases and structures and also maintain database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls. Prepares for database expansions by studying plans and requirements; advising senior management.
· Managing database design and structure
· Updating and amending existing databases
· Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
· Monitoring database efficiency
· Sustaining the security and integrity of data
· Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
· Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Eye for detail and accuracy
· Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
· Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object-oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
· Experience with their database software/web applications
· The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
· Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.