The Senior Medical Editor oversees the daily operations of the Proximyl Health Editorial department. This entails maintaining and enforcing quality control of jobs across all agency brands from inception to completion and monitoring and modifying resources to fulfill the often-varying workload required of the brand editors. This position is also responsible for maintaining the editorial responsibilities of his/her own accounts.
· Excellent language/editing/communication/interpersonal skills
· Strong familiarity with AMA/APA style guidelines, but able to follow client style if different from AMA
· Able to jump in and take editorial ownership of brands with minimal guidance
· Deadline-oriented with attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
· Experience with both print and digital editing
· Ensuring all pieces are grammatically and factually flawless and that they comply with AMA style, client style, and FDA rules and regulations
· Editing digitally using Adobe Acrobat markup tools, and track changes in Microsoft Word
· Fact checking
· Referencing and annotating
Qualifications and Experience
· Ideal background includes 5 years editorial experience
· Proficiency required in MS Word, Power Point, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (Keynote is a plus)
· Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
· Candidate should have editorial experience at a promotional healthcare agency, CME agency, or pharma advertising agency
Reporting Structure: This position will report to the Creative Director of Proximyl Health.
· Collaborate with agency leadership to execute the year 1 business plan, including participation in the development of capabilities presentations and pitch efforts
· Support the efforts and goals of the Proximyl Health client brand marketers
· Within first 30 days, meet with all business unit leaders to fully understand the business of MJH Associates and applicability to Proximyl Health business development opportunities. In particular, develop a strong, collaborative relationship with MJH editorial leadership and staff
· Participate in the near and long-term identification of editorial talent requirements and recruitment efforts
· Collaborate with creative teams to ensure top-quality deliverables that are accurate, concise, and free of errors
· Participate in the QC and roll out of all agency promotional materials
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.