MJH Associates is looking for an Editor to join our growing editorial team. The position requires someone with top-notch writing, fact-checking and organizational skills, capable of quickly turning around professionally written articles that present evidence-based medical information in a way that is appealing to a clinical audience. As an Editor, you will shepherd articles from the idea stage through story concept, editing, fact checking, and proofreading. This position involves collaboration with a graphic designer as well as digital and print editors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify breaking and practice-changing oncology news relevant to physicians.
· Work with editorial team and/or freelance writers to develop compelling print and digital media. This includes development of tables and figures to accompany/illustrate articles.
· Edit and proofread completed pages prior to publication.
· Establish relationships with key opinion leaders and institutions in oncology to obtain original material for publication.
· Keep current on developments and trends in oncology and healthcare
· Cover news at oncology conferences in the United States and abroad.
· Collaborate with magazine editors-in-chief for successful content development
· Conduct studio interviews
Essential Skills, Abilities:
· Attention to detail, persistence, and focus
· Able to use Word, Excel, and InCopy
· Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
· Teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong reporting and writing skills
· Familiarity with use of video equipment
· Motivated and able to function independently
· Knowledge of AMA style a plus
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.