The American Journal of Managed Care® (AJMC®) has an opportunity available to be on the edge of the latest in healthcare news, medical research, and policy and regulation changes as an Assistant Editor. AJMC® is looking for someone interested in expanding their skillset and knowledge base, who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. The assistant editor should be comfortable finding news stories to write daily for the website, experienced with social media platforms, and ready to attend conferences and interview experts in the field.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, quality-oriented worker who is able to adapt quickly and is willing to pitch new ideas and take on new initiatives.
**The position is located in Cranbury, NJ**
· Writing daily news stories on various healthcare topics including policy updates, healthcare cost studies, clinical trial findings, among others
· Interviewing experts
· Filming and editing interviews as necessary
· Building the audience on social media platforms and driving traffic back to the site
· Assisting with the print journals as needed
· Travel to medical conferences (about 10% of the year)
· Bachelor’s degree
· Position is ideal for a new graduate
· Internship experience at a publication or online news site preferable
· Ability to handle multiple, concurrent deadlines
· Superior organizational skills
· Knowledge of healthcare topics, such as insurance, health policy, and medical research is preferred
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.