MJH Associates, Inc., is dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with the information and resources they need to optimize the quality care of their patients. As a company, we are the preferred source of daily news and information within the healthcare industry, and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. Our passion for preserving quality of life and advancing healthcare is paramount to everything we do.
Within the company, our established network of print and digital resources reaches nearly every sector of healthcare professionals, from physicians to pharmacists, managed care professionals, nurses, and specialists. With names like The American Journal of Managed Care®, Pharmacy Times®, Cure®, and Oncology Live® as part of our publishing group, we offer timely, relevant and practical information to meet the needs of our diverse audience in the healthcare industry.
Our company values its relationships with clients fostered by our commitment to listening, understanding, and developing comprehensive solutions to meet their information and marketing goals. As a full-service, healthcare communications and media company, we are continuously striving to identify new areas of publishing to improve our offerings to our readers and clients.
The Senior Editor works with the editorial staff and across departments to plan, direct, and coordinate activities in preparing material for print and web publication for two peer-reviewed journals, The American Journal of Managed Care® and The American Journal of Accountable Care®. The Senior Editor helps oversee the implementation of the strategic vision and the workflow of projects to achieve completion within specified deadlines. Some travel is required to attend meetings throughout the year.
Position Scope and Responsibilities:
· Assist in Managing the Manuscript Submission Process – Verify that manuscripts being checked in are meeting journal specifications/requirements. Review manuscripts moving through the online tracking system to ensure proper flow.
· Assist in Managing the Peer Review Process – Screen incoming manuscripts for appropriateness of both style/format and scope/content for the journals. Identify and assign appropriate reviewers to submitted manuscripts.
· Assist in Developing/Implementing the Strategic Vision for the Journals – Plan manuscript line-ups; work with the Associate Editorial Director and Associate Editor to develop new calls for papers topics and themed/special issue ideas; and identify new targets for editorial partnerships.
· Work with Editors-in-Chief/Editorial Board – Correspond on a regular basis with Editors-in-Chief and Editorial Board members to engage in planning sessions, gain feedback, and encourage participation in various activities (commentary authorship, manuscript reviews, video interviews, site visits, etc).
· Participate in Special Projects – Play a major role in generating and implementing ideas and recommendations that help elevate and promote the editorial quality and objectives of the journals. This also includes monitoring performance metrics, such as number of submissions, external citations, impact factor ranking, press mentions, social media interaction, etc.
· Networking and Attendance at Meetings/Conferences – Reach out to key organizations to develop and enhance editorial partnerships. Represent the journals at meetings and conferences, work the booth, and attend scientific sessions/presentations to gather information and recruit new authors.
· Minimum of BA/BS in a relevant field or equivalent editorial experience
· 5+ years writing/publishing experience (peer-reviewed healthcare journal strongly preferred)
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong familiarity/proficiency with medical/statistical terminology and AMA style.
· Ability to work independently, as well as cooperatively among numerous departments and high-level external professionals.
· Strong typing and computer skills (Microsoft Office, FTP sites)
· Familiarity with InCopy and CMS platforms a plus
· Familiarity with SEO techniques a plus
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.