MJH Associates is seeking an Associate Program Manager for our Live Events team to facilitate the planning and implementation of assigned live meeting and event programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Total oversight for all facets of assigned meetings. Responsibilities will include faculty/advisor/consultant management, all meeting logistics, oversee creation of on-site materials specific to the meeting, budget reconciliation, and complete oversight of meeting execution (either in person or via a freelance staff).
· Set up and utilization of program folder on the company server to archive all program information.
· Initiate, analyze and compare written quotes from vendors such as venues, audio visual, transportation companies, celebrity speaker bureaus, production companies, and specialty service providers. Assist in the selection of providers.
· Submission of program budget into internal purchase order system and oversight for payment of all associated program costs.
· Ensure creating of and adherence to a detailed schedule of all essential activities and deadlines are maintained following assignment meeting.
· Participate in and/or lead program-specific committees though overall event management process.
· Liaise with internal team and business development staff for smooth transition of contracts/agreements/expectations with supporters.
· Adapt details as necessary during the preparation of the program, and alert Supervisor to changes.
· Program reconciliation completed within pre-established timelines.
· Assist in maintaining up-to-date procedures; provide feedback on improving methods.
· Additional programs and activities as assigned.
· Attend departmental/company meetings
· Attend site visits as needed
· Participate in on-going training and development
· Ability to manage a variety of live event programs including single and multi-day meetings, KOL advisory boards/focus groups, dinner program series, KOL 1:1 engagements, and other programs as assigned.
· Knowledge of all aspects of meeting planning including contracting, venue/logistics management, transportation, audio visual, food & beverage, shipping and on-site execution management.
· Ability to interact with clients at all levels.
· Experience with budget reconciliation process.
· Organized, creative, and efficient.
· Analytical with abilities to quickly solve problems and present solutions in advance of need.
· Strong customer service orientation and ability to act diplomatically
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proven ability to work under deadline pressure, both independently and as part of a team
· Strict attention to detail
· Ability to travel/work during the week and on weekends (up to 25%)
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-2 years of related work experience; pharma/CME experience preferred but not required
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.