The Billing Clerk is responsible for obtaining and providing accurate and timely information necessary to generate proper invoicing for the Billing Department. Develop excellent, in-depth knowledge of company service products, programs and procedures as well as communicating effectively with team members within the Billing Department.
· Coordinate with Accounting and Project Management staff to ensure invoices are sent to clients in a timely, accurate manner
· Create invoices, adjustments, reconciliations, and customer service related activities supporting the company's business operations
· Work in a team environment, while establishing and building strong relationships both internally and externally to promote company goals
· Learn systems in a timely manner and adapt to changing processes and procedures
· Comply with company and departmental policies, procedures and performance standards
· Utilize systems and tools in order to achieve department objectives
· Monitor new processes and workflows to ensure they work as intended
· Identify opportunities for improvement
· Other administrative tasks and duties as assigned
· 2 + years of related office experience
· Understanding of the billing and customer service activities, generally accepted accounting principles, and internal accounting controls
· Demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products including, but not limited to Excel, and Word
· Ability to work in a deadline orientated environment
· Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
· Excellent communication skills; verbal and written as well as excellent phone etiquette
· Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at many levels in the organization and external business contacts
· Must be able to work independently and to exercise good sound judgment
· Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions, policies, guidelines, and processing standards
· Effective research and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.