As a Collection Specialist you are responsible for contacting clients to collect outstanding payments. You will strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships and ensuring timely payments are received.
· Monitor accounts to identify outstanding invoices
· Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
· Contact clients to confirm receipt of invoices and scheduling of payments
· Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
· Resolve billing issues
· Update account status records and collection efforts
· Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 1-3 years of experience in collections or a similar role
· Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
· Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
· Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
· Intelligent, strategic and analytical thinker
· Comfortable working with targets
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Skilled in negotiation
· Patience, diplomacy and ability to manage stress
· Skilled in negotiation
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.